Monday 13 May 2013

V & A Post Modernism Exhibition




Sometime during 2012 I visited an exhibition at the victoria and albert museum, the exhibition featured pieces from the 1950s until the present, post-modernist pieces, I was inspired by the visit which gave me an insight into the how people see the world and the what the future may have held, such as in the early 50’s there was an obsession and style of the future and what science would be expected to produce, we see robots and designs based on the atom and scientific symbols. Postmodernism reached its height during the 80s, where this escalated and encouraged radical thinking and expressionistic styles. This movement was huge and like modernism changed the design and visuals of many art forms mainly including film, fashion and music. This movement has inspired some of my designs and looking back and exploring these designers and ideas have prompted me to change the way in which I view things.

No comments:

Post a Comment